[or-roots] Leonard F. McCarty / Bette B.

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon May 8 15:07:20 PDT 2006

< < He was killed at his sheep camp in 1892. Does anyone know where he might have been buried? > >

No disrespect meant to Leonard, but did they bury sheepherders in 1890?  Since he was "killed", it is possible that those that were present were not much interested in services for the recently departed,  but on the other hand, since someone knew he was "killed", someone must have reported it.  And, on yet another hand, maybe his remains were used to feed the local predators to slow the attacks on the flock.  He probably would have been quite lucky to have received a marked permanent burial, unless he was say son of the ranch owner or some such.

Bill Strickland

PS: I have read my copy of "The Life and Times of C. N. Hunt"