[or-roots] Nez Perce War

wm0g at comcast.net wm0g at comcast.net
Thu May 11 19:20:02 PDT 2006

Terry C. Johnston is a very good researcher and all of his books seem to have quite a good deal of accurate information included in them.... HOWEVER! He writes Fictional books. In every book he includes a fictional character, Seamus Donegan, who appears as a main character in the plots. Excellent read and well researched history, but not much you can quote.

Regards,
Jack Ciaccia
Boulder, CO

From: glenkc7mbm at comcast.net

Judy
Can you give more info on the books, such as publisher and date published, etc.
Supposedly Chief Joseph was my Great Great Uncle and I do trace my family back to Chief James Moses of the Lapwai Band.
Glen Jones Portland, Or.

--
Glen A. Jones

From: JudyRobertson39 at aol.com

If anyone is researching ancestors who may have been involved on either side of the Nez Perce war I recently read CRIES FROM THE EARTH,  and LAY THE MOUNTAINS LOW both written by Terry C Johnston.  They appear to be very well documented and contain factual information concerning that conflict and the individuals involved.  The 3rd book in the trilogy is TURN THE STARS UPSIDE DOWN. Since Chief Joseph's original stomping grounds were in Oregon I thought perhaps there would be some interest.