[or-roots] Calling any Van Cleave descendents....

Robyn Greenlund rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 12:33:53 PDT 2006

Sorry if this gets posted twice... I posted on from a work e0mail and it is awaiting the moderator. But want to make sure to get this info out to any Van Cleaves in the list....

Robyn
I found this listing on E-bay for the Van Cleaves. I suspect this family was from the Portland area but the writeup doesn't say. I would love (and so would the seller) for this to come back into the family...(forgive the seller the typos!)
*----------------
I have had these portaits and pictures for along time, These were in an old leather suitcase that I had bid on at an estate/auction! But I don't want to toss these, Its an whold lifetime of a family, I don't know anything about selling or saying the right things on this , so just bear with me and ask questions! ----What I do know about this is that thier are 459 photo's, portraits and CDVS a few tin photo's.-----They are of the VanCleave Family that started out in the 1800's in Iowa and then got to Oregon, alot of the portraits are from Portlands Photografers, I know this by reading a Diary or Ledger that will be included with this group, that was from 1910-1911 from a VanCleave woman , that lived on a farm, and tells about her day to life, from tending to the cabin, the cleaning and washing of the clothes, to the tending to the crops, which in this Diary seem to be the most she wrote about, that and the weather and church! Very interesting, Thats part of the reason, I want
 !
 this family's life to live on.

There are Three very old Photograph books with Photos with pictures of the children, and weddings and the plows and of the team of horses and oxen team, and those appear to be when they were Iowa, the horse and buggy teams were in portand you can tell by the pictures of the same house or gardens, Thier are many loose pictures, I quess thats why they were all in the leather suit case, I did'nt count how many of the CDV's thier are in this group, many portraits with thier cover sleeve, and the name of the photographer! I love the old Buggy teams and the Post Card Photo's Thiers one of our Newport Beach and I would of never reconized it at all If it was'nt written on it, There is just a hillside, and dirt roads, and a small walk with people walking with the Ocean right there! Boy I can tell you Newport does not look like now!

Shipping will be actual to your zip, Insurance will be optional, but would highly recommend Insurance! Delivery Comformation will be added-----No handling fees---just actual cost with USPS---- Please email me with any questions you might have before bidding as all sales are final! ------

Seller"s Payment Instructions: Please note at this time I'm not useing PAYPAL! no Credit Cards at this time, Thankyou for your understanding, ------I except US Postal Money Orders/ Bank Cashier Checks only-------Payment to be made 7-10 days after auction end, or will be relisted! ----------I ship same day as I receive payment----with email to confirm No Returns sold vintage "as is" described, to the best of my ability.---------

My hope is to find a good home for the history of the VanCleave family-----One photo shows them loading moonshine in whiskey barrels onto a horse drawn wagon, five men, even a qun propt up on a log! another thiers a picture of the muddy river bog gang on horse back, they as near as I can tell a singing band group, pretty awsome picture! -------Thankyou for looking at my auctions!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FAMILY-PHOTOS-IOWA-OR-CDVS-DIARY-MUCH-MORE_W0QQitemZ160037259348QQihZ006QQcategoryZ13705QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesn't work, search on CDV Oregon to find it on E-bay. The listing ends on October 10th, and is presently at $20ish.