[or-roots] Fruitland Express

W. David Samuelsen dsam at sampubco.com
Thu Oct 26 23:11:09 PDT 2006

There was this express serving stretching from Idaho's side of Snake
River, east of Ontario - around cities of Fruitland and New Plymouth and
ran from there through Ontario, Baker City, La Grande, Summerville,
Pendleton to Portland, hauling fresh produce from these areas. UPRR is
Union Pacific Railroad. At the time UPRR owned the lines from there to
Portland along the south side of Columbia River.

W. David Samuelsen