[or-roots] "Buggy Bumpers", i.e., Iron Curb Protectors

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 20:06:13 PST 2007

Thank you to everyone who answered my plea.
I have to accept that they are "Iron Curb Protectors" and that you
can buy brand new ones if you'd like to install them to protect your
sidewalks, curbs, etc.

So, the piece of iron that Junction City Public Works gave to the  Historical
Museum might
not be so unique after all. However, as far as I can see we only have one
corner where it
still exists and another that has almost been buried by repaving the street
and bringing it
up to curb level.  We also have ONE "hitching ring" still imbedded in  the
sidewalk in front
of the building supply store.

Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR