[or-roots] whining again

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Feb 17 10:19:58 PST 2007

pardon any typos I have a serious case of COL (cat on lap)

Blankety blank name coincidences!

I wandered into my wifes family a couple days ago and decided to take
another stab at them, found a whole list of Popp in Iowa hits and part way
down list I find;

POPP          JACOB J               20 MAY 1960      S125    92       92
POPP          MINNIE HALVERSON      29 FEB 1924      1259    1        46

and think I have hit a good one, only trouble is my Minnie ma jacob J would
be abt 29 with that death date and my Jacob J would be 69, bummer and for a
minute I figured I had Minnie's maiden name.

So down the page to;

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ia/mitchell/cemeteries/sacredht.txt

Where I even find a Frank born in the right year, and twelve Popp's that
either match my data base, including a Kate born same year as my Kate ma
John, Kate seems to be married to a John, unfortunately his birth year is 11
years earlier than all census data on my guy??

Still think maybe these are my people, guess maybe I should spring for the
cost of a death cert for one of them and see what I get.

Oh well, sorry to bother you all with my whining but geez how far can name
coincidences go, I mean with a surname like Chapman, even the Burt Hard
thing wasn't too far fetched but how many of you have a Popp in your family
tree?

Les  C