[or-roots] survey records

Diane elder at gooselake.com
Mon Feb 26 13:21:21 PST 2007

A friend told me about a location where he and a crew were doing a survey in Lake County.  He said that they got the survey records 'from Salem'.  He was working for the BLM, I think, at the time.  And as they reviewed the original records and and were doing a sub-division (not the residental kind) the survey ended.  In another hand writing were the notes that were written something like this, "the survey team members were all killed by Indians".  The date was in the late 1800"s.

I know the area and the legal description fairly close.  How do I find the actual records?

Diane