[or-roots] Land Title Abstracts

Stephenie Flora sflora at teleport.com
Wed Feb 28 10:32:48 PST 2007

Through a weird chain of events I ended up with over 50 early Abstracts of Title on original Marion County Donation Land Claims.  Many of them revolve around the Salem area.  They are from the early 1900s and are fairly fragile.  They contain piles of early Marion county history and mention many early area residents.  In order to make the information available to those who might be interested I have decided to scan some of the more pertinent information from them and make it available online.

I have finished the information I have on the  John Burch McClane DLC #19.  In the Lot 7 section you will find some of the background on the Boise Addition as well as estate papers for Reuben P. Boise.  Since he died without a will this is particularly interesting information.

These can be accessed by going to my Oregon pioneer website at the url below my signature and clicking on Land Records.  Enjoy!

Stephenie Flora
www.oregonpioneers.com/ortrail.htm
Researching: Acuff, Bartruff, Bewley, Green, Lewis, Modlin, Patty