[or-roots] scanned maps

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 08:12:55 PST 2007

Clarees;

I hope I am addrssing that right, that's who outlook tells me sent that
email; this isn't jut for you but an open invitation to the whole list.

Do these maps have ownerships on them? If you are talking about USGS topo
maps the second link I show below will save you and anyone else the trouble,
except that downloading an area larger than a screenful is not exactly
intuitive there, I have all of western Oregon and Washington west of 120th
longitude line and most of Cal west of 122nd longitude line, this includes
some high res color aerial photo for a large block of the Seattle area,
Portland area and San Francisco area, lowere res B&W aerial for Ore Wash and
on request I can download a chunk of low res in Cal and topo for the whole
area, any one who really is interested in any of that can email me off list
and I can provide any and all formats listed above for there area of
interest in images of about 250 to 500 MB. If that size is a problem and you
still really want something I can probably trim the image to create a
somewhat smaller file by cropping the image, but I am not sure how much is
saved that way.

Any requests of course are subject to time restraint. But unless you present
me with a difficult to find area, or are asking me to go through the process
I did for the Thomas info, I can usually generate a clip in about a minute.

Now back to my original question, if what you have are Metskers, I am sure
you will eventually be hit up to scan about half the book. If Metskers are
what you are talking about it would also be useful to know what the
publication date is, because for example if you are talking an early date I
would be interested in about half a dozen townships myself.

Les C
reedsportchapmans at verizon.net

Shee, and I was wondering why I get so much junk mail. Oh well.