[or-roots] Terry already found him I think

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Fri Jan 5 08:21:42 PST 2007

Sue;

Thanks again, I guess I should have itemized what I did have on these folks,
John C listed here is son of John C;
1900  >  ILLINOIS  >  JERSEY  >  3-WD JERSEYVILLE
 Series: T623  Roll: 309  Page: 71

 Surname  GivenName  Age  Sex  Race  Birthplace  State  County  Location
Year
 TACK  JOHN C  81  M  W  PA  IL  JERSEY  3-WD JERSEYVILLE  1900
   I have this Census, just for general info any census I list this way I
have, that is the header on Heritage Quest

Ironically in my haste to pass on info a couple of times I have opened these
files and grabbed the header and sent it on to the total confusion of the
recipient because some of these people simp[ly do not show up  in HQ index
and I h ave located them by tracking a neighbor and so for example the
Thomas thing I was working on the other day I opened under the surname Quinn
in one of the censuses, there were Thomases there, but I didn't find them in
the index.

Any way back to my quest, I also have senior in 1880 and 1860, but have been
unable to locate him in 1870 apparently;

John Jr. dies in 1875 and I have had no luck locating his widow  and
children in 1880 LDS index; I believe I tried Edwin, Warren and scrolled
through all listings thereof and saw nothing that resonated. The LDS listing
for the widow and daughter was too large to even attempt.

Another mystery is John Jr.'s sister Henrietta, she is home in 1880 index
with mom and pop; listing last name Delmont and looking in the nieghborhood
I found a couple Delmont families that were possibles, but if I remember
correctly, (we know how that goes) nobody looked like a probable spouse. Yet
she lists herself as married. I find her in 1900 and am quite sure it is her
because her little brother Millard is living with her in Old man Albert
Beall's household in Missouri. There is another complicaton with these
folks, they move around a lot and I think they sometimes tend to forget
where their children were born when filling in Census info.

One of the families I found last night just before I nodded of and planted
my face in the keyboard was in Missouri and had a child in the roster born
in Kansas.

Again thank you everybody, about the only thing I am really missing now is
Edwin's family in 1880.

From: Sue Steward

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Terry already found him I think

View RecordNameHome in 1870
(City, County, State)Estimated birth yearBirthplaceRaceGenderView Image

John C Tack     Jerseyville, Jersey, IL  abt 1842 Pennsylvania White Male
Margaret Tack  Jerseyville, Jersey, IL  abt 1868 Illinois White Female
Mary A Tack    Jerseyville, Jersey, IL  abt 1846 Illinois White Female
Warren Tack    Jerseyville, Jersey, IL   abt 1866 Illinois White Male