[or-roots] Gage from North Carolina

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Jan 15 08:25:57 PST 2007

Stumbled across this looking for Clara Gage married James Melvin, she wasn't
there and I can't find her, but I remember somebody on the list having an
interest in someone who died in the Rogue Indian War at Graves Creek and one
of these folks did, also a bunch of this family seems to end up in Oregon so
if you have a Gage in Oregon they may be here.

I downloaded the entire book in three files 6 MB, 5MB and 2MB size so anyone
wanting one email me off list please

reedsportchapmans at verizon.net

if you request it through the list I don't mind, it's just I am so absent
minded I am liable to try and send it back that way and that not only won't
work but will annoy the list server so it's better to contact me off list.

Gage, Clyde V.
The North Carolina Gage family : a genealogical, historical and biographical
record : with a comprehensive study of members of the North Carolina group
and other matters Gage : also contains records of related families
Worcester, N.Y.: C.V. Gage, 1963, 121 pgs.

The folks compiling wagon train stuff may be interested in these folks too,
as in my quick scan I note their pride in being Wagon train people.