[or-roots] Dale you should write a book

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Tue Jan 16 11:47:05 PST 2007

Wow, that is a good story.  My dad got struck by lightning in 1960 when
he was in the water fishing.  He lived from that but 6 months later died
from a massive heart attack.  I am convinced that the one occurrence
caused the other.
Dale

I am glad to hear that Dale. In the 1980's I worked in a place clled
Tiller
in the far end of Douglas Co and I got acquainted with an old cowboy who
had
lots of good stories. I told him one night after his story about hanging
cow thief that I wished he would write a book of his life and he
informed me
he had, but only for his kids, not to be published because he didn't
want to
hurt anyone. I just hope someday his descendants decide not to honor
that
because he lived quite a life. My favorite story (well the only one I
really
remember) was he and two other horsemen in a Rocky mountain passing
riding
abreast and the guy in the middle got hit by lightening, struck dead on
the
spot and he and the other guy not so much as a hair turned.

les

info/or-roots