[or-roots] Re: BLM land patents

Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 7 11:19:17 PST 2007

Yes, nice when an image is available, but they are so slow about getting
the Oregon records scanned.  I may be dead before they are available and
I am relatively young yet, only 71.  But I don't have forever.  I have,
however, enjoyed the many images from Missouri.

And there are also available documents from Virginia but I have lost
track of the web location.  As many of you know, in early settlement
days, Virginia did encompass far more than the present state.

Anne
Descended from these Oregon/Washington Territory Pioneers and Early
Settlers:
- Dela Fletcher  and Phoebe (Flanary) CRABTREE,  arrived 1846, Linn
County
- James W. and Elizabeth (Empson) PEEK,  arrived 1847,  Lane County
- William Martin and Mary "Polly" (Dealy) PRINE,  arrived 1850,
Linn>Lake>Linn Counties
- Rev. Joab and Anna (Beeler) POWELL,  arrived 1852, Linn County
- William Moore and Sarah (Scott) RUTLEDGE, arrived 1852,
Thurston>Lewis>Baker>Linn Counties
- Thomas C. SMITH, arrived before 1860, Lane>Thurston>Benton Counties
- John Benjamin and Nancy Jane (Hamilton) HUDELSON, arrived 1876,
Polk>Linn Counties