[or-roots] non Oregon favor to ask

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Mar 11 22:37:11 PDT 2007

Since the Oregon queries are flying so thick and fast these days I thought I
would slip in a non Oregon one;

I need to see if somebody who has Ancestry can check this Census image and
see if someone is missing here or is Joseph really listed as his mother's
sister?
                           Marital
Name            Relation  Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation
Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
 Christiann MELVIN   Self   M   Female   W   41   OH   Washer Woman   PA
PA
 Rachel MC MAUGH   Dau      S   Female   W   15   IL   Keeping House   IRE
OH
 Joseph MELVIN   Sister     S   Female   W   10   IL      NY   OH
 Stella MELVIN   Dau        S   Female   W    7   IL   Scholar   NY   OH
 Frank MELVIN   Son         S   Male     W    5   IL      NY   OH
----
Source Information:
  Census Place Lewistown, Fulton, Illinois
  Family History Library Film   1254208
  NA Film Number   T9-0208
  Page Number   290B

I have him listed as male age 2/12 in the 1860 Census which I have, and I
also have figured out hwo Rachel's father is since i find him in 1860
married to Christy Ann or Christianne as they list her in the LDS index. I
have Stella married 28 Jul 1892 to Charles Moody and she d. 1897. I have
Joseph ma to Rosa F. Servis on 9 May 1898, but apparently not in Illinois.

So mostly I am interested in sorting out why this census index entry is so
weird. If someone stumbled across some good hard evidence about when and
where Charles Moody was born and who the parents of he and Christy Ann
Edmundson (Edmiston is what I have in my famlly file from Personalities of
Melvin Hill Cemetery) my feelings wouldn't be hurt, but I really don't want
to ask anyone to spend much time on those two problems.