[or-roots] This library, that library, which library?

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 16:50:36 PDT 2007

In a message dated 3/14/07 2:40:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
whizinc at comcast.net writes:

I have not heard of  the Oregon Genealogical Society Research Library.  Is
there someone out  there who knows what, generally speaking, this library has in
its collection  versus the Oregon Historical Society Research Library and the
Genealogy  Forum?  Are there other places to research around  Oregon?

Oregon Genealogical Society was founded in Eugene, Oregon in 1962 and has
been going
strong ever since. It is a membership society with a great research library
open at no charge
to members and a small donation for non-members.

Currently the library houses over 8,000 books as well as periodicals from
every state in the union.
Books also cover all states and many foreign countries. There is a room
dedicated to Oregon
research with information of a genealogical nature on every county in
Oregon. There is also a
good collection of microfilm and microfiche as well as computers and
CD-ROMs. There is no
internet access since that is available at a good LDS library also in  Eugene.

More information can be found at the website:
_http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlncogs/ogsinfo.htm_
(http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlncogs/ogsinfo.htm)

As far as other libraries around Oregon, I will let each library toot their
own horn.

Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR
_LinLouVan at aol.com_ (mailto:LinLouVan at aol.com)