[or-roots] This library, that library, which library?

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 14:58:20 PDT 2007

Denise
I see Shoemaker is one of your family names, that is also one of my wife's family names, and one of her relatives has website on myfamily.com title the Shoemaker/Aumiller/wailes/wales family.
Not sure I got the title right, and I am not sure if their were any in Southern Oregon do know some are in the Centraila Wa. and Bremerton Wa. area.
Glen Portland Oregon

--
Glen A. Jones

From: "Denise" <merritthome at clearwire.net>

Pat,
   I believe you are thinking of the Museum that has a research library in Douglas County.  The genealogical society is in the courthouse basement and the public library is right next door.  They are not that large but they are pretty good at Douglas County as well as the courthouse is right there.  The people in Douglas County have always been so kind and considerate as well.  I'd forgotten to mention the museum which has a nice photo collection and great resources as well.  Having so much of my family in Douglas County has given me a fond spot for doing research down there <Grin>.

Denise
(Agee, Atterbury, Belieu, Blakely, Gage, Gilliam, Gilmore, Kent, Livingston, Matthews, Shaff, Shoemaker, Thornton, & Trask are some of my Douglas County surnames)