[or-roots] Clatsop Co photos mid 20 C

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 08:44:19 PDT 2007

for folks who had family in the Clatsop Co area in the middle of the
twentieth century and are interested in photos, it might be worth your while
to check this site out;

http://www.pacifier.com/~karenl/ball_studio.htm

      The Ball Studio Negative Collection
These negatives are the property of the Clatsop County Historical Society in
Astoria, Oregon. They primarily represent the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
Arrangements to view the negatives and purchase copies can be made by
contacting CCHS at (503) 338-4849. These photo's are stored at the Heritage
Museum and can be viewed by appointment only, Tuesday through Friday. The
names on the list (8800) are those of the person who made out the original
order. Often the photos are of children in a family, but they are listed in
the name of their mother or father. The majority of these negatives are
unretouched, and some have water damage. CCHS staff cannot be responsible
for choosing images. At present, we cannot scan them. Sales are made only to
members of the immediate family.

I note that the only way to obtain copies is by personal visit, so not what
you call real convenient, but still interesting; they don't specify what
they mean by immediate family so I would call before making the trip.