[or-roots] alphabet

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Mar 28 23:17:32 PDT 2007

Diane;

Okay a second time;

http://www.cyndislist.com/handwrit.htm

I haven't actually vetted any of these links, but I am betting somewhere on
this page you will find exactly what you need, if not you can read on down
for my prior attempst at solfing your problem;

Les

I had a really nice web page discusion of this subject with lots of nice
examples saved on my computer a few years ago and probably still have it
somewhere, but as I seem to recall the last time I tried to use it all of
the images had been lost. I will try to look for it tommorrow when the rest
of my system is online just in case I can figure out how to retrieve the
images, but for now am going to try to find a new site.

First of all here is a link to an interesting discussion of several soundex
systems which seems to explain how they work; I am not entirely lucid as I
have just finished my second whirlwind trip to the greater Portland area
since Saturday morning.

http://www.avotaynu.com/soundex.htm

this next link also won't help you but will certainly teach you a lot about
the history of alphabets;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_scripts_derived_from_Proto-Sinaiti

OKAY;

http://www.amberskyline.com/treasuremaps/oldhand.html

is a discussion of a specific alphabet problem with illustrations and
discussion of forms of several letters and numbers