[or-roots] Theophilus Magruder - 1860

Bob Casebeer casebeer at jeffnet.org
Fri Aug 1 08:13:07 PDT 2008

Bill, I have never tried to find out much about the Aikins who operated the ferry at Winchester.  However, although I taught high school for eight years in Riddle during my salad days, I don't think I ever ran across your Jenny McKay.
    One of my great aunt's married one of the Riddles however, and one of the family also married the son (a Chapman) of one of the Riddle family (a woman who married back east but came west as a widow with the original Riddle tribe) and moved to Cody, Wyoming with him in the 1870s.  As you probably know some of the Riddles also settled on the northern portion of the Steens mountains....a couple of the sons of Stilly Riddle, the man who married Almarine Chapman, my great aunt.
Bob Casebeer