[or-roots] Requirements for Tribal registration

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 16:54:53 PDT 2008

Kell
This information about 1/4 blood came from the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the Cherokee were different from other tribes, also they recently made some changes for Cherokee registration, I do not know all the particulars on them as my ancestry is Nez Perce/Umatilla, and they have removed those from their roll that were not born, or did not live on the reservation at anytime, my half  brothers and sister's were removed many years ago, I am one sixteenth, native american and cannot be enrolled.
Glen Jones Portland

--
Glen A. Jones

From: kell Malrith <ladykaraturn at yahoo.com>

Hey everybody.
Just as a side note on the registration of certain tribal members.  I'm only an 1/8 Cherokee and I am on the Cherokee Rolls as a citizen.  For the Cherokee registration all you have to prove by birth certificates and the like is that you are related to one of the tribal members on the Final Dawes Rolls.  Like someone said earlier, you just have to check each individual tribe's requirements to make sure you can or can't get registered.  I'm not sure where the person that said you need a 1/4 or more blood quantum got that info, but that might be for a specific tribe they are familiar with.  And you certainly don't have to be on the Res... My grandpa and great grandmother never were (and she was on the rolls).  But then again, I'm speaking of personal experience with the Cherokee Nation.
Happy Hunting!
Heather Woodhurst in Lowell, Oregon
(Researching Hunter, Blaylock, Pitman, Berkshire, Woodhurst, Kimber... and way too many others to name :D )

"They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." - Princess Leia, Star Wars
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of Dragons for thou art crunchy and good with catsup!