[or-roots] changing name - Creek

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 17:48:33 PDT 2008

It wasn't easy;

Dr. George L. Vogt, Secretary
Oregon Geographic Names Board
Oregon Historical Society
1200 S.W. Park Avenue
Portland, OR 97205-2483
Telephone: (503) 306-5225
Fax: (503) 221-2035
E-mail: georgev at ohs.org

-----Original Message-----
From: or-roots-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
[mailto:or-roots-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us]On Behalf Of
glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:32 PM
To: or-roots mail list
Subject: Re: [or-roots] changing name - Creek

Nancy
The Oregon Geographic Names Board is who to contact about changing a name on
any Geographic feature, you could probably do a search and come up with how
to contact them.
Glen

--
Glen A. Jones

From: "Nancy Lee Adams" <nancydean at columbia-center.org>

Hi -

Does anyone know how to go about changing the name of a creek in Jackson
Co., Oregon? When I was on vacation in Rogue River, OR. we went to the water
master, surveyor and county clerk & none of them knew where to go to change
the name of a creek. daaaaa  how dum can they be. The creek is on family
property & been in our family for over 100 years. We have grandfather water
rights filed 1901 & updated 1909 with the document that reads we do. The
creek was named after the stepfather & not the real father who got the land
1st in 1898.

The water master said no one has water rights in Jackson Co., OR. He is so
wrong!

Thanks, Nancy