[or-roots] Unearthed remains linked to Lane County pioneer

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Wed Aug 27 08:43:25 PDT 2008

This is just fascinating to me.  The family's name may have been STEVENS. My Stevens settled Howell Prairie, Marion Co., OR

Only two other settlers lived in the area at the time -- Eugene Skinner, the founder of Eugene, and Elijah Bristow of Pleasant Hill.
Stevens was likely the first settler in present day Springfield, Ore. He died in 1860 in a farm accident.

Go to KATU.COM
Unearthed remains linked to Lane County pioneer

Nancy