[or-roots] Challenge - SPALDING, Bruce Wayne

Cuprum4445 at aol.com Cuprum4445 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 10:39:36 PST 2008

Thanks for telling us about Margie Boule's Sunday Oregonian column about  the
Spalding letter getting to it's proper destination.  It's been fun  reading
the listers' comments about that family.  What a Christmas gift  that letter
will be for the family!  I don't read the Oregonian very often,  now that I live
in Idaho, so I appreciate Bill's updating this mail list.   True genealogists
enjoy helping others solve family puzzles, not just their  own.

Some years ago my husband was attending a business related seminar at the
Portland head office.  At that time we lived in the tiny town of  Prairie City,
in Grant County, so touring Portland was a treat for me.  I  used a self
guided walking tour book to see such interesting sites.  I had  lunch in a charming
little cafe in Old Town, having my first taste of  Stash's Crepe Fair tea,
with my croissant sandwich.  It seems that cafe was  in a bakery and had
wonderful cheese choices.  It was if I'd died and gone  to culinary heaven.  The
dining area was small, and in walked Margie Boule  with other people for lunch.
Margie was an Oregon TV journalist then, so I  recognized her.  I thought she
was so beautiful and charming.   Contrary to my normal impulses, I didn't walk
over and ask for her  autograph.  It's good to hear she's still involved in
journalism - a lovely  lady.

Gerrie, in Idaho

In a message dated 12/4/2008 2:17:40 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,