[or-roots] Need Scanner/printer ideas

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 18:17:47 PST 2008

Linda;

That is a tall order; generally what I see is printer/scanner/copier combos.
I don't find many that I would define as portable though. I'm not sure but
what the hassle of two machines might be better. on a cursory search the
best one I could find is the HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-One Printer,
Scanner, Copier.

It is 17.6 x 15.4 x 8.5 inches and weighs 25 pounds. on the other hand my HP
4670 you could actually just pack the scanner portion itself which is about
an inch thick and about 10 by 14 inches and weighs very little (the power
pack and cords probably weigh more) and then a HP Officejet H470 Mobile
Printer Color Ink-jet printer with these specs;
Width 13.4 in
Depth 6.5 in
Height 3.2 in
Weight 4.6 lbs

I tend to be an HP man for printers and scanners, but my newest scanner is
an epson perfection which probably weighs about 15 pounds and is 10 X 18 X 5
inchs.

I am sure if you shop around you can find a better system.