[or-roots] scanner for laptop

Judy glasmama at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 21:53:22 PST 2008

RE:

... What I'd like to find is a small, light-weight flatbed scanner to scan those family scrapbooks, Bibles, etc. that can't be taken out of the house. And, it would be ideal if it were also a printer."

I use a scanner with my laptop on trips and at home.  The Canon LIDE 35, fits into my computer bag nicely.  Of course, anything extra into the bag adds weight, but this scanner is lightweight at about 2-3 pounds.  It hooks directly to my laptop and needs no outside electrical source.  I have used it for photographs, very large documents in the courthouse in Indiana (scan in parts), scrapbooks, books, etc.  For me it is wonderful.  Of course we'd all like the perfect travel office but this works fantastically for me.  It's not a printer or all-in-1 but just a wonderful scanner.  I got it a few years ago, but they are around.  If you can't find it, check with Canon...  Good hunting.

Judy Hakins
glasmama at yahoo.com