[or-roots] [OR-ROOTS] Looking for a Challenge

Sue Steward ssteward at ccountry.net
Tue Nov 18 18:17:04 PST 2008

vwgoodrich at comcast.net

Based on information posted by Vernon Goodrich on Ancestry.com I found the names of the children of Bruce Wayne Spalding Sr.  Then I tried to track down their descendants.    His information actually lists two daughters for Bruce Wayne Spalding Jr. but since they are still living their names are not listed.  It might be possible to contact Mr. Goodrich and get that information.

I did find some information which may put you in contact with the families of two of Bruce Wayne Spalding Jr.'s sisters and a brother.

Hope this is of some help.

Sue Steward

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 2

2.Bruce Wayne SPALDING was born 24 FEB 1891 in Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA., and died 28 OCT 1963. He was buried in Mt. View IOOF Cemetery, Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA.. He was the son of 4. Howard Malcolm SPALDING and 5. Louisa N. DARLAND.

3.Annie Beryl MCKINNEY was born 16 JAN 1896 in Lone Rock, OR., and died 12 MAY 1986 in Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA.. She was buried in Mt. View IOOF Cemetery, Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA.. She was the daughter of 6. Joseph S. MCKINNEY and 7. Nancy Sophia MILLER.

Children of Annie Beryl MCKINNEY and Bruce Wayne SPALDING are:

   i. Lois Morgan SPALDING was born 1915. She was the daughter of 2. Bruce Wayne SPALDING and 3. Annie Beryl MCKINNEY. She married Fred HOCTOR.

Hoctor, Fred C   (Son or grandson of Lois Spalding Hoctor?)
Age:65+
PO Box 0911
Goldendale, WA 98620-0911

Hoctor, Gary R
Age:45-49
PO Box 13
Goldendale, WA 98620-0013
(509) 773-4224

    ii.Marguerite Logan SPALDING was born 1916. She married Herman UMLAUF.

Umlauf, Herman  (Because of age, I would assume he is son of Marguerite Spalding Umlauf)
Age:60-64
PO Box 0704
Goldendale, WA 98620-0704

   iii.Ray McKinney SPALDING. He married Carol Diane GOODRICH 10 APR 1965 in Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA., daughter of Myron Alvera GOODRICH and Frances Boni "Bonnie Belle" ROBERTSON. She was born 17 FEB 1933 in Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA., and died 26 MAY 1996 in Vancouver, Clark Co., WA..

Spalding, Shawn               (Wife of deceased grandson of Ray McKinney Spalding)
5325 Bent Tree Forest Dr, Apt 2230
Dallas, TX 75248-3464

   iv.Bruce Wayne SPALDING was born 27 MAY 1923 in Goldendale, Klickitat Co., WA., and died 29 APR 1949 in Vancouver, Clark Co., WA.. He married Mabel Marie CARSON 9 APR 1942.

   v.Malcolm B. SPALDING was born 1915, and died 1915.