[or-roots] WWI Registration Card Question

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Oct 11 22:16:47 PDT 2008

George;

That makes no sense, as you obviously see; If he is a British Citizen the
only way he could be so would be to have emigrated to Britain after he was
born.

The only other way he could be a British Citizen is if his Parents were and
had certain diplomatic status that entitled them to call their children
Brits, regardless of their physical place of birth. If his parents were both
born in Ohio about the only way he could be a British Citizen is if they
were born before the revolution and opted to return to Britain rather than
become "Americans" and then returned as diplomats or whatever.

None of those scenarios make any sense to me though; if he  really was a
British Citizen, he just about had to have emigrated.

Les c