[or-roots] WWI Registration Card Question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 12 11:45:54 PDT 2008

George Ross wrote:

>   <>My question, is there any particular reason that he would write ...

There is a lot of mis-information written in the official record,
sometimes intentionally (maybe I can get out of the draft if I give this
answer), sometimes accidentally (question misunderstood or improperly
transcribed), or maybe the individual just didn't know any different
(his folks maybe were British or of British heritage and he just always
assumed he was, too) -- ahh, the excitement of  'the hunt' -- "The Truth
is Out There", finding it can be elusive, or finally find it, and then
DNA proves otherwise (milkman syndrome, I call it) ...

Bill Strickland