[or-roots] WWI Registration Card Question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 09:56:14 PDT 2008

George Ross wrote:

>   <>I'll just throw this out....Harry Walter Hoadley   DOB 13
> September 1890 ~ Bronson, Kansas

There are several references to Hoadleys in Kansas in The Hoadley
Genealogy , but I don't see Bronson or Harry Walter --

Page 85
<http://books.google.com/books?id=GO1UAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA85&vq=kansas&dq=Harry+Walter+Hoadley&lr=&source=gbs_search_s>
James went to Kansas. 4. A dau. m. Chambers of I1l. 5. Lnke John d. Aug.
1891 in Ark., aged 27 years. vi. MARY, m. William Comstock of Wells
Island, vii. ...

Page 127
<http://books.google.com/books?id=GO1UAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA127&vq=kansas&dq=Harry+Walter+Hoadley&lr=&source=gbs_search_s>
... resides in Loyal, Kansas. He is a master mechanic by trade and is
also interested in ...

Page 152
<http://books.google.com/books?id=GO1UAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA152&vq=kansas&dq=Harry+Walter+Hoadley&lr=&source=gbs_search_s>
... (Shoemaker) Beardsley, born 25 December 1837 in Brockport, NY Darins
Lyle Hoadley is proprietor of the Kansas Land and Loan Agency in
Lawrence, Kan. ...

Page 221
<http://books.google.com/books?id=GO1UAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA221&vq=kansas&dq=Harry+Walter+Hoadley&lr=&source=gbs_search_s>
... December 9, 1880, and engaged in farming, remaining there till
February 18, 1888, when he removed to Ravanna, Kansas, where he has
since resided. ...

Page 224
<http://books.google.com/books?id=GO1UAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA224&vq=kansas&dq=Harry+Walter+Hoadley&lr=&source=gbs_search_s>
William Whittier Hoadley Mias graduated from the Ypsi- lanti, Mich.,
Normal School June 5, 1883, and settled in Manhattan, Kansas. ...