[or-roots] WPA Interviews

Denise Sproed denisesproed at onlinenw.com
Wed Sep 3 19:11:38 PDT 2008

To my friends on the Oregon Roots list:

This week I am working on the branch of the Nancy Gilliam (1810-1885) & John
Nichols (1808-1891) family that arrived in Oregon in 1844 on the wagon train
led by Nancy's older brother, Cornelius Gilliam (1798-1848).  In researching
the children of John & Nancy Nichols I found a note that there is a WPA
interview with one of their grandsons, William Franklin Hyde (1866-1956).
William Franklin Hyde is the son of Henrietta Nichols (1845-1877) & John
Lewis Hyde (1823-1907) and I have the Portrait & Biographical Record of
Western Oregon entry on John Lewis Hyde. William was married in 1892 in
Benton County, Oregon (to Daisy C Teas), was in Lincoln County for the 1900
census and back in Benton County in 1911 when his son was born.  He died in
Albany in 1956.  Where would you look for this WPA Interview with William
Franklin Hyde?  Are WPA interviews housed at the State Library or State
Archives?

Thanks,

Denise
(Descendant of Cornelius Gilliam)