[or-roots] SE Alaska w/roots in Oregon..Wm Green Thomas

Marsha Bradley-Luthy pmml at meritel.net
Sat Sep 6 15:37:30 PDT 2008

Married Eleanor E. Fish Clackamas County Oregon March 14, 1861
Vol. 1. p 132
Donation Land Claime on file
Walter Fish last will and testment showsdeceased grandchildren as

Father of Joseph Sr. Parrott  (have picture of Parrott in Alaska)
Father Joseph Jr. Parrott
Edward W. Parrot aged 38 years, Astoria Oregion

Trish Neal wrote:

> Wm Green Thomas, Walter Parrott and J.E. Worden happen to be people that I do have information on. I covered all three in a history column that I wrote years ago at Wrangell.  I will dig out the story on Wm Green Thomas and send it to you.  I also have a photo that was used in the story.  I recently found information on him while researching a group of women who owned the garnet mine near Wrangell. He traveled to California to appear as a witness for the women when they sued someone for trying to sell them their own mine.  Not a great deal but thought it was interesting that he had traveled all that way with the court record book to prove that the women owned the mine. Which brings to mind that it is sure is great to have copiers and fax machines!  I have been trying to locate another ancestor of his for some time to give her the updated information but have never been able to locate her.  She left Spokane and I lost track of her.  Between the two of us we had been able to piece together his life story.  My research of him started as a result of a short story by Rick Steber about the Blue Mountain incident. A relative of someone living in Wrangell sent the clipping and asked if she could find the rest of the story.  Wm. Green Thomas was a well respected man throughout Alaska.

Trish