[or-roots] lumber carrier

Ray Powell rayp6217 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 21:08:03 PDT 2008

I'm not sure if there is a connection but the fruit industry in central
Washington use trailers that appear to incorporate a lot of the technology
that the straddle carrier or lumber carrier used. I've always wondered who
patented the first lumber carrier and if the straddle carrier trailers used
to haul the bins of fruit from the orchard to the processing plant were
developed using some of those patents.

Ray Powell