[or-roots] Grimm - Oregon Death Index

Sue Steward ssteward at ccountry.net
Thu Sep 18 20:20:05 PDT 2008

Community > Obituaries
Ruth Gratzer

Monday, April 5, 2004 9:57 AM PDT

Published April 4, 2004

Ruth Gratzer, 90, died April 1, 2004 in Klamath Falls.

Funeral services and interment have been held. Ward's Klamath Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.

Mrs. Gratzer was born and raised in Cathay, N.D. and had lived in Klamath Falls since 1937. She was a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church since she was 18 years old.

She and her husband Ted enjoyed raising huge vegetable gardens, and she continued to do so after his death as long as she was able. She enjoyed crocheting and made many handcrafted items. She always enjoyed spending time with her children.

Mrs. Gratzer is survived by her son and daughter-in-law Laverne and Peggy Gratzer and her daughter and son-in-law Lillian and Ed Hampton, all of Klamath Falls; grandchildren Steven Hampton of Fallon, Nev. and Debbie Henry of Klamath Falls; great-grandsons Paul and Trent Hampton of Fallon and a brother Walter Kurtz of Wisconsin.

She was preceded in death by her husband Ted Gratzer and nine brothers and sisters.

Oregon Death Index, 1903-98
Name:Gratzer, Ted Max
County:Klamath
Death Date:3 May 1976
Certificate:76-07816
Age:63
Birth Date:Nov 1912
Spouse:Ruth

Oregon Death Index, 1903-98
Name:Grimm, Edward Vic
County:Jackson
Death Date:17 Jan 1983
Certificate:83-00569
Age:76
Birth Date:3 May 1906
Spouse:Nova

Oregon Death Index, 1903-98
Name:Grimm, Nova Cec
County:Jackson
Death Date:21 Jul 1985
Certificate:85-13505
Age:75
Birth Date:20 Nov 1909
Spouse:Edward

U.S. Public Records Index
Name:Peggy P Gratzer
Birth Date:1937
Street address:317 N 10th St
City:Klamath Falls
County:Klamath
State:Oregon
Zip Code:97601
Phone Number:541-882-5462
Record Number:323121631
Associated Persons:NameEst. AgeBirth Year
                Peggy P Gratzer    71        1937       It would appear that Peggy and Vern Gratzer may still be living in Klamath Falls.

U.S. Public Records Index U.S. Public Records Index
Name:Lavern A Gratzer
Birth Date:Nov 1934
Street address:317 N 10th St
City:Klamath Falls
County:Klamath
State:Oregon
Zip Code:97601
Phone Number:541-882-5462
Record Number:55266540
Associated Persons:NameEst. AgeBirth Year
            Lavern A Gratzer        73    1934

1910 United States Federal Census
Name:Esther Grimm
Age in 1910:0
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1910
Birthplace:Minnesota
Relation to Head of House:Daughter
Father's Name:Frank J
Father's Birth Place:Germany
Mother's Name:Lena
Mother's Birth Place:Germany
Home in 1910:Bemidji Ward 3, Beltrami, Minnesota
Marital Status:Single
Race:White
Gender:Female
Household Members:NameAge
Frank J Grimm39
Lena Grimm39
Gusta Grimm16
Otta Grimm13
Martha Grimm11
Edward Grimm3
Esther Grimm0
Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Bemidji Ward 3, Beltrami, Minnesota; Roll: T624_690; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 272; Image: 149.

This is all I found on Esther Grimm.  Nothing on Oregon Death Index or Minnesota Death Index.

Sue