[or-roots] mach women and mill camps

Sue Steward ssteward at ccountry.net
Fri Sep 26 18:46:20 PDT 2008

My husband's grandmother, Elizabeth (Dean) Thomas, was also a cook at a
logging camp.  I do not know the name of the camp but it was in Coos County.

I have a picture of the camp cook along with all the loggers there at the
camp at that time.  Some of the names of those in the picture (I don't know
all of them):

    Carl Carlson
    Billdad Howell
    Richard Freeman "Free" Steward
    Harry McCue
    Allan Leneve
    Harry Hunt
    Elmer McCue
    Chas. McCreay
    Jess Nelson
    Another Howell
    Charlie McCue
    John McCue

The picture is larger than my scanner so I've scanned in two parts.  If
anyone is interested I'd be happy to provide the picture off list.

Sue Steward