[or-roots] Ebay: Napa, Oregon or Knappa Oregon? =)

Connie Guardino census at wi.net
Wed Apr 1 14:40:22 PDT 2009

Apparently there was at least a Knappa post office in Oregon: Located
on the south bank of Columbia River, opposite Karlson Island, and
about five miles east of Svenson, Knappa post office was established
June 27, 1872. Aaron Knapp, Jr., served as first postmaster of the
Knappa office, which was discontinued on March 1943 with papers to
Astoria. Oregon Post Offices 1847-1982 by Richard W. Helbrock, page 56

"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my
vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am
afraid."  -Audre Lorde