[or-roots] Find a Grave - Copyright violations

LAUBREY1 at aol.com LAUBREY1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 10:23:30 PDT 2009

Yes you should.  Linda

In a message dated 4/10/2009 9:47:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
darlene at thecasteels.net writes:

This has been a very interesting exchange of opinions, etc.,  and the
Templeton article was quite informative.

A few years ago I walked, recorded and took pictures of all  the graves in
the Griffin Creek Cemetery in Jackson county (my  gr-gr-grandparents,
gr-grandparents and several other members of my Griffin  family are buried there).
 However, there are many individuals buried  there who no longer have
readable markers. In the mid-1990's Ruby Lacy &  Lida Childers did a lot of
research and compiled a book entitled "Griffin  Creek Cemetary" (yep, cemetery
misspelled).  The publication is  copyrighted.  Both ladies are now deceased.
I obtained written  permission from Ruby's son to use information found in
their book to augment  my personally researched information, and to publish
that information on the  Jackson County Cemeteries USGenWeb web page.  In my
posting I gave credit  to the two ladies who contributed so very much to
the records resources for  Jackson county, and identified the data taken from
their book by marking the  entries with an (*).

I have also posted the information to FAG, along with the  photos I took.
On FAG I did not give credit to the Lacy/Childers  book.  What is the
opinion here?  Should I go back and edit those  memorials?

Darlene

or-roots  mailing  list
or-roots at listsmart.osl.state.or.us

steps!