[or-roots] Water location posted

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Apr 15 21:09:07 PDT 2009

Nancy;

I haven't found the answer to your question yet, but am betting it is at;

http://apps2.wrd.state.or.us/apps/wr/wrinfo/wr_platcard.aspx

somewhere.

The reason I am posting that is if you or any of your kin have property in
the state of Oregon that might have water rights involved, you will want to
check this site out. I have just opened up the document where my grandfather
obtained the water rights for the piece of land that includes part of my
thirty acres. The thing that I am particularly excited about is the term in
the enquiry result page under "status"; Non-Cancelled.

we were led to believe several years ago if we did not go through an
involved and expensive legal process to prove we had "used" our water rights
continuously and appropriately since issue they were void.

Oh, if you get a result, check the item at the bottom of the page;
No genealogy records available for this water right, try the family link
below instead.
I clicked on;

View Water Rights in same Family

and found the information on the water rights for our lower field including
a sketch map of the irrigation ditchs I used to maintain when I was a kid
and which we could probably still claim continuous water rights as long as
the state didn't realize that from time to time the beavers have let their
dams deterorate to the point we couldn't ge water in them.