[or-roots] Family Tree Maker question - not necessarily Oregon only

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 20:46:42 PDT 2009

Linda, are you talking about chronologically as a subset of alphabetic
order, or strictly chronological. I have always had my index in alphabetic
order.

Oh, wait a minute, you said "facts"

Okay, don't know about your version, but I have 8.0  and under File menu is
Preferences, in the preferences menu is "facts page" my choices are "fact
name" or "date".

It is remotely possible you did this to yourself; you would have had to hit
the <Alt> key by mistake and then typed ffad and then hit enter to
accomplish it. I realize that sounds absurd, but I have done worse before.

I have to be especially careful if I am typing in a hurry under the
influence of alcohol. If I ma transcribing something and not looking at the
screen for a length of time I get a real suprise sometimes. I look up and
instead of typing text I am somewhere in some web page that I have no clue
how I got to, or one time I had moved a whole bunch of files and didn't
deselect them after moving them and somehow went from typing to opening
them, I had about fifty copies of word open. I actually did worse than taht
once and opened over two hundre copies of acrobat, but I watched myself do
that.

Les