[or-roots] Oregon Gravestone Photo Project

W. David Samuelsen dsam52 at sampubco.com
Thu Aug 6 19:22:44 PDT 2009

George Ross wrote:
> Please be aware that , except for burials in the last few years, The
> Bend Genealogical Society has photographed all the major cemeteries in
> Deschutes County as well as some private cemeteries.  I don't know if
> they are on line but I know they published a book for each of the
> cemeteries. Our Family History Center has a set.  Before someone begins
> doing them again it might be worth finding out if those photos are the
> correct format for the Oregon Gravestones Project.
>
> George

Family History Library in SLC record shows:
and in every instance published 1999, meaning any after final
preparation for publication, none futher were added. It does not say if
the photos are color or black/white (we prefer color.) Will the society
allow access to color photos for included in free access site, that is
if the Society still have them?

1. Laidlaw Oddfellows Cemetery
2. Tumalo Cemetery
3. Allen Ranch