[or-roots] Hay Creek

MStang5165 at aol.com MStang5165 at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 11:49:09 PST 2009

Oregon Geographic Names by McArthur gives the following about Hay Creek
(excerpt):
Hay Creek - Jefferson County. There are a number of Hay creeks in  Oregon
but the most important historically is the stream that drains a  considerable
area east of Madras and flows northward to Trout  Creek.... Hay Creek post
office was established on the Wasco County  list in December, 1875, with
Lafayette Tirrill postmaster.

According to the Handy Book for Genealogists, Jefferson County  was
established in  1914 from Crook County so when the  census was taken in 1900 Hay
Creek was probably still a part of Crook  County.              Mimi Stang

In a message dated 12/20/2009 11:39:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,