[or-roots] LAMBERT, FORREST, and QUIGLEY on the Trail in 1851

albert belanger skipb at rcn.com
Mon Feb 16 19:48:54 PST 2009

Bonjour,

Referencing the message below: I have LOTS of Lambert, Forrest, and Quigley
folks in my Master List of 1851 Oregon Trail Emigrants.  What are the names
of your folks?

Your humble servant, &c., &c.,

Albert

Albert Edward Belanger
128 Middle Road
Brentwood, NH 03833

Researching the 1851 Oregon Trail Migration

I have several ancestors who lived in Missouri in 1850, can't find in 1860,
then most of them show up in Yamhill County Oregon in 1870.

My question is, would they have travelled by train or by wagon train?  There
were multiple families that came together.  Also, why am I having a hard
time finding them in 1860?  If they were waiting for or in a wagon train,
would they have been missed by the census taker?  I have one ancestor who
lost a wife in Missouri approx 1862 and remarried by 1863.  I can't find
death certificate of 1st wife.

Surnames are Lambert and Forrest.

Suzanne Thomas