[or-roots] Ancestry.com vs HQ census

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Feb 24 07:48:38 PST 2009

Linda and I were comparing census pages on the two sources. In this instance
Ancestry was illegible and I note that it isn't a manner of handling, but in
fact the two emails were from two different reels of microfilm. You folks
want to keep that in  mind when you can't read the info on one source try
the other.

I've been ranting for years about not being able to read Great Uncle Edward
on the 1900 Census in Empire and went to look at it today and for some
reason all this time I thought he was in the middle of the page, actually he
is the first family and quite legible. Huh? The rest of the page is
completely unreadable in Heritage Quest though.