[or-roots] MM Melvin and the O & C RR

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 02:55:24 PST 2009

Leslie Chapman wrote:

>Hmmmm maybe I'll just leave it as a mystery.

Les -- maybe you need to hook up with some railroad fanatics -- there's
folks out there that study railroads, their lore and history and people,
just like you do the history of your family.  They are numerous and
shouldn't be too hard to find.  Many are retired rails that just
couldn't get enough of  "the job" -- often guys that just wish there
were my dad, an SP locomotive fireman and engineer, hired June 1941,
retired 2 Jan 1980 and instead of playing railroad for the rest of his
years, he played golf (and was very good, esp if there was a bit of
money involved) and he and Mom traveled a bit -- no railroading though,
he was retired from that.  Also there are any number of low volume
number (limited distribution) local railroad histories, things like 'The
Dunsmuir Centennial Book' and  Bowden and Dill's 'The Modoc' and
websites such as http://www.pdxhistory.com/html/interurbans.html ...

PS:  Remember Pixie Kitchen?  http://www.pdxhistory.com/html/pixieland.html