[or-roots] Ancestry.com - Response to Pat

Darlene Casteel dcasteel at masterpiece.metrobbs.com
Sun Jan 18 14:25:41 PST 2009

And be a little more imaginative in their choice of first names, rather than continue from Sr. to Jr. to II to III, etc...  It's even worse when they skip a generation, and then go back to the same first name.

Darlene

  I just wish my relatives had been kind enough to always spell their names the same way, spell them to the enumerator for the census, keep important dates in a family book, such as the Bible, and make sure everyone had a copy, generation after generation, not move around between censuses, especially to two or more locations, and if completing documents for military pensions, wills and so on, be sure to name the wife by her family name and given name, as well as her two parents and any siblings.

  Sigh. . . .

  Pat (in Tucson)