[or-roots] YDNA testing to determine ancestry.

Papaglen000 at aol.com Papaglen000 at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 23:28:00 PST 2009

Hi Les -

   I did the testing about 3 years ago.  Prior to that I was  able to prove
my heritage back
to my 9th great grandfather who came to America around 1638.  The test  came
back with
a positive match to another person with  that same grandfather.   What I
don't think can
be proven is who his father was.  Unless he had some written material  of
some sort saying
so and so was his father I don't think the test could prove anything unless
the 10th great
grandfather 's body or bones could be exhumed and tested.  So I tend  to
disbelieve it when
some test say that couldn't be my 10th great grandfather .  We've had
several disputes in
my family over who in England was my 9th gg parents.  Probably will  never
know for certain
except for the logical aspect of things.  Very complicated.

   Glen
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)