[or-roots] Back to those pesky pronunciations

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Thu Jul 2 13:20:55 PDT 2009

I was cleaning house today <gasp> and came across a little book that I don’t think anyone has mentioned.

Oregon Names, how to say them and where are they located?: an illustrated pronunciation guide (1995)

Bert Webber

Webb Research Group Publishers

195 North Ninth

Central Point, OR 97502

Some may recall that Bert and his wife Margie were authors of several other books related to Oregon.

I just checked their web-site and  see that the price is $9.95.

http://www.pnwbooks.com/nidx.html

All the usual blah, blah, -- no, I don’t know them, not related, just have a few of their books. Matter of fact, I see they have a new one on the Siskiyou Line. I’ll have to order that for dear husband, maybe for his birthday. – Oh, never mind, I turned around, and there it was, sitting on his book shelf. That’s a problem in our house, no one “waits” for anything. Instant gratification it is. At our ages, waiting isn’t quite as much fun as at age four. <sigh>

Pat

In Tucson

DESSERT FIRST!