[or-roots] IRE: Israel Family Reunion in Corvallis July 31-Aug 1

Kith-n-Kin Kith-n-Kin at cox.net
Tue Jul 28 11:48:06 PDT 2009

Denise

I was curious about

Andrew Jackson Gilliam & wife, Sarah Clay (pioneers of 1847)

Looked up this Sarah Clay and find her to be the daughter of
Johnson/Johnston and Rebecca (Collett) Clay [Missouri], granddaughter of
Jeremiah Walker and Frances (Johnston) Clay [Va to Ky to Mo], 2ggd of James
and Margaret (Muse) Clay [Va], 3ggd of Charles and Sarah (Clements?) Clay
[Va], 4ggd of Charles and Hannah (Wilson) Clay [Va]. Charles is the top of a
proven line of Virginia Clays. I say "proven" because it is thought Charles,
(d 1686) was the son/grandson of John Clay(e), immigrant of 1613 and wife
Anne. Most of us think grandson, because of the dates, but there's no direct
evidence either way. Or anyway.

This makes them kin to me. Not too close, we connect at Charles and Hannah.

Just thought someone may be interested, it appears that many don't know the
upline for Johnson/Johnston Clay.

And, thanks to you, I now have a "down-line" for part of the Clay family
history.

Pat

In Tucson