[or-roots] Greenberry

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Jun 16 07:36:31 PDT 2009

You are right, I hadn't made the association. Greenberry's father was
Tobias, brother of the Captain of the Donner expedition according to the
Jarvis family web site. According to another file I just found on Ancestry
his name was Greenburg and his father was Albert, but I think I trust the
Jarvis info more.

I have him in my family file because he is distantly related to one of my
uncle-in-laws. I think it is another case of my putting a lot of off line
stuff in to get a picture and support my version of his ancestors. Sue
Stewart found a genealogy report for me that pieced a lot of that part of
the family together quite well, unfortunately I lost the information in my
hard drive crash last fall and all I know is the author of the file was
Harold D. Smith.

The Jarvis family info is at;

http://www.fmoran.com/donner.html

Les