[or-roots] Unusual names

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:48:44 PDT 2009

That’s sure a lot better than how my sister and I got our names.  My mother was a huge comics fan and two of her favorite comics in the early forties were “Flash Gordon” and “Terry and the Pirates”  So, I got the name Dale Arden (Flash’s girlfriend) and my sister really got stuck with Terry Lee (that was Terry and the Pirates name).  Both of us were constantly put in boy’s P.E. classes, etc.

Dale