[or-roots] Walla Walla question

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Mar 11 13:53:56 PDT 2009

Does anybody have access to indexed sixties newspaper archives for Walla
Walla Washington?
I have a possible there I am curious about a wedding for;

Record Series:  		Marriage Records
Collection: 		Walla Walla Marriage Records
County:  			Walla Walla
document no.: 		eawwmc24314
groom's name: 		Guy E Llewellyn
bride's name: 		Cleo Howell
marriage date: 		Sep 1 1966
filing date: 		Sep 2 1966
county: 			Walla Walla

According to my information Guy Jr. passed away 07 September 1969 in Tacoma
and his father also there on 22 March 1974. So far unless Cleo is it, I have
found no record of Jr marrying. since Sr became a widower in 1664 I am kinda
inclined to suspect it is him, but since they both passed in Tacoma it isn't
real likely??

On a different note in that clan is Ensley Maxwell Llewellyn; Sr above's
brother who has a son Robert Maxwell that I also have no marriage record for
and in the archives I find;

groom's name:		 Robert E Llewellyn
bride's name:		 Nova Jean Ensley
marriage date:		 Jun 22 1946
filing date:		 Jun 25 1946
county:		 	 Spokane

I have to wonder if this is the right guy even though his middle initial
doesn't match. It's not like Llewellyn is exactly a common name, but is Ms.
ensly a cousin of some sort, hence the Ensley in Uncle's name??

This is what I do this for; these enduring mysteries.

apologies for a non Oregon question, but we aren't doing much in Oregon,
although one of the Llewellyn marriage I turned up was actually in Oregon,
just recorded in Washington??

Leslie C